So, what’s new in the latest release of Muvizu? There doesn’t seem to be a formal change-log out yet. But this list is the gist of it:—
The software is a 600Mb download, with much the same technical requirements for your PC as before. But now you need a…
“Pixel Shader 3.0 graphics card”
This means a later Nvidia GeForce 6 series card or above — but if you’re a PC gamer then you’ll already be running on series 9 or higher.
* There’s a new 64-bit version.
* New swaying-in-the-wind effect on foliage and plants.
* A slew of new content and a new character (“Boy”).
* New ‘Wobbly’ character animation set, for drunks or zombies. New bandages and similar accident/zombies content for characters.
* Many refined animations and tweaked character models.
* More… “gestures and poses for everyday conversations”
* Type a word and get it on the stage in 3D letters.
* “Look At…” speed control.
* Good anti-aliasing of final video output (not on the WYSIWYG stage), up to 1280 x 720px.
* Drop your own textures on abstract objects like boxes.
* Major updates to the Unreal Engine, Morpheme, Scaleform.
* Lots and lots of bug stomping.
* Improvements to importation of SketchUp models (not sure about this one, but forum chat seems to suggest this?)
A lot of the work for this release has been “under-the-hood”, and the user interface (UI) and mouse usage is the same. Set for the next release is…
“a complete UI revamp for the next release”