The DAZ Studio 4 Advanced ‘99% there’ version is finally available for Windows (not Mac)… but only to DAZ Platinum Club members. It also seems that the Morph Followers feature and 64-bit support for Dynamic Clothing are still delayed. They’ll be included in a patch in Sept. The Pro version appears complete and final, as far as I can tell.
This long drawn out ‘release’ has been a bit of a mess. DAZ thoroughly confused people on the Advanced/Pro release, dribbling out news, then chopping and changing the features and generally confusing everyone, then getting users angry over very bad pre-release ‘deals’. It’s been a marketing disaster. Oh well, it’s here now.
If you purchase DAZ Studio 4 via this link, I’ll get a small slice of commission on the deal. Then maybe I can afford to buy it! 🙂
Important: note that DAZ Studio 4 Advanced is no longer the top of the range. There is now also a DAZ Studio 4 Pro version.
In DAZ Studio 4 Advanced you get new stuff like, among other things…
* Auto-Fit plugin. Fit your old clothing collection to the new Genesis base figure.
* Quicker test renders.
* Figure Setup Tools (rigging)
* Layered 2D backgrounds (like iClone’s 2D background, but layers with transparency?)
* New 64-bit Windows version.
* Upgraded version of Morph Loader, load multiple morph targets all at once.
In DAZ Studio 4 Pro, you also get…
* Complete Content Creator Toolkit (inc. transfer of character rigging)
* A bridge to/from ZBrush
* A ‘3D Bridge’ to/from Adobe Photoshop Advanced.
* Texture Atlas (no longer available in Advanced, it seems)
* FBX exporter (no longer available in Advanced, it seems — which is a pain for iClone users)
Will my purchased Game Developer Kit work with Studio 4 Advanced? Not sure yet. If it does, then the game kit may give FBX export for Advanced, without the expense of getting the DAZ Studio 4 Pro version. You also get a good poly reduction plugin with the Game Kit (poly reduction is not mentioned anywhere in the specs for Studio 4 Advanced / Pro). So, I’d really hope that the Game Kit works with Studio 4 Advanced.
Finally, the free DAZ Studio 4 will shortly be costing $50 — so grab it now!