Painlessly moving your iClone 4 content to iClone 5 in ten minutes:
Be warned that this is a “lock stock, and barrel” move, and means you can no longer use iClone 4! I also assume that your iClone 4 Custom folders are rationally organised and not a mess.
1. Copy and merge C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 5 Template subfolders into C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Template\iClone 4 Template. This should take about five minutes, if you tell your files management software to skip the copying of identical files.
2. Then create a backup .zip file of the iClone 5 Template folder and subfolders. This will take another five minutes. Then just delete the iClone 5 Template folder.
3. Rename the “iClone 4 Template” folder to “iClone 5 Template”.
4. Copy and merge C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\iClone 5 Custom subfolders into C:\Users\Public\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\iClone 4 Custom. This shouldn’t take long, as you’ve probably not made much custom content with iClone 5 yet.
5. Create a backup .zip file of the iClone 5 Custom folder and subfolders. Delete the iClone 5 Custom folder, and rename “iClone 4 Custom” to “iClone 5 Custom”. For those with large content libraries, you just saved yourself a four or five hour disk-grinding file-copy transfer.
If you want to use iClone 4 again, you have .zip backups of the original iClone 5 content folders and can just reverse the process.