What is this blog? This is my WordPress blog about the animation software iClone 4 & 5, the visuals and storytelling that can be made using it, and the new wave of “anymation”. My blog gives you news, freebies, free training, informed comment, videos, and much more.
About your editor: The blog is written and edited by someone who has been into 3D CG software such as Poser and Photoshop since the mid 1990s, and has built up a strong store of experience and knowledge.
What is iClone? If you’re new here, you may be wondering exactly “what is iClone”? iClone is affordable animation software that:
* works real-time — “what you see is what you get”
* makes royalty-free films and stills
* is very well documented with tutorials and help
* is supported by friendly fans, about as many woman as men
* gets out of the way of your creativity
* can depict any set or model or character your can devise
* has a huge content library for, if you want it
* can easily convert millions of free models
* is packed with drag & drop presets and animations
* makes self-contained portable project files — no stray textures!
* has no monthly subscription, no recurring charges, no lock-ins.
* is actively and passionately developed
Mmmm, even more shiny!
What other software does this blog cover? This blog will also occasionally cover CrazyTalk Animator, Muvizu, SketchUp, Lumion, animation in games, free creative commons assets and open software, and indie animation, and any other fab cool stuff I find.
There has been some coverage of DAZ 3D Studio and DAZ Carrara in the past, but I now cover DAZ Studio and its content regularly over on my other blog. That’s where you’ll now find most of the Poser/DAZ stuff.
Enjoy! If you have any questions about iClone or similar software, please just ask and I’ll do my best to answer!